May 10 A list of essential vocabulary for a dictation (Friday, 12 May)
Educational rate Уровень образования
Educational institutions Учебные заведения
General education Среднее образование
Innovative methods, schools, curricula Инновационные методы, школы, учебные планы
Range of specialists Уровень специалистов
A wide variety Большое разнообразие
Their own choices Собственный выбор
Specialized schools Специализированные школы
Particular disciplines Отдельные предметы
The health component Здоровьесбережение
A regional targeted programme Областная целевая программа
Finish school with honours Окончить школу с медалью
Research skills Исследовательские навыки
Gifted children Одарённые дети
Targeted assistance Целевая помощь
Scholarship and grants Стипендия и гранты
Comprehensive and versatile Доступное и разнообразное (образование)
Optional education Дополнительное образование
Vocational education Профессиональное образование
Higher education Высшее образование
Core objectives Основные задачи
Accessibility of high-quality education Доступность качественного образования
Teaching staff Штат, преподавательский состав
Social support Социальная поддержка
MAY 3d, 2017
The educational institutions of Kemerovo Oblast employ about 70,000 people. The teaching staff in Kuzbass is highly competent and qualified. Every fifth teacher is a teacher of the highest rank. Over 2,000 teachers working in colleges and universities have PhD degrees.
The name of the educational institution
The kind of education it supplies
The qualification after graduating
The sphere of practical application
Opportunities for career promotion
Watch the first episode of the video presentation KEMEROVO (6 minutes duration) and learn the phrases:
(in case of difficulties, press the button SUBTITLES on U_TUBE video)
picturesque bank, worshipping the spirits of nature and fire, a message from an ancient past, a unique monument of the world history, the discovery of coal deposits, the starting point, goes side by side with a legend about a miraculous hill that caught fire, acquire a status, a burning stone, a forward-looking city, sports facilities, the current city population, in the nineteen fifties, city dwellers, architectural contest, the name behind the term of chemistry, the industrial capacity of the city multiplied, worked for the country's defence, a high capacity production facility, has a favourable financial standing, indicator of its success, in terms of production concentration, top 20 cities of Russia, are profitable businesses, today develops dynamically, the well-being of the city improves, highest level of income every year.
watch the film for detailed comprehension and interpreting in class
the key words for the oral story:
=worshipped, called the gods
=turned into Christianity, beneficial,
=study of the old folk,
TEXT 2 CHILDREN OF NATURE
Arrangement - расположение steel - сталь
April 2016 !!! Pay attention, there are keys below the story.
A. all in all
D. over the years
E. aside from
- “Ogni Kuzbassa” is a regional fashion magazine.
- In the beginning, the Almanac used to come out once or twice a year.
- A lot of famous writers used to be executive secretaries of the magazine.
- Now it’s a small “underground” magazine.
- The magazine cooperates with the Kemerovo State university.
- “Ogni Kuzbassa” is very popular among students.
- There’s a special column for young writers in the magazine.
- The magazine explores the life of the region.
- “Ogni Kuzbassa” is quite expensive.
- The magazine is a huge part of Siberian cultural life.
- Pages of history
- The creators
- Modern times
“Ogni Kuzbassa” is a ……………………………….magazine.
The Almanac used to come out ……….. or ……………………….. a year.
A lot of ………………………….. writers used to be executive secretaries of the magazine.
Many of them also provided “Ogni Kuzbassa” with their ……………………………………….
The pages are given not only to famous and ……………………………
The magazine has become a
part of Siberian cultural life.
- Fyodor Dostoyevsky was a Russian poet.
- Dostoyevsky was the fifth child in the family.
- In the mid-1840s he wrote his first novel, crime and punishment.
- Many literary critics rate him as the best Russian writer of all times.
- In 1849 he was arrested for a murder.
- His books have been translated into more than 170 languages.
- Dostoyevsky had three sons.
- Dostoyevsky influenced a lot of writers.
- His favorite place in the world was Ukraine.
- The writer suffered from epilepsy.
- Early years
- Family life
- International success
- Crime and punishment
- General information
Fyodor Dostoyevsky was a Russian ………………
In 1849 he was arrested for his …with the Petrashevsky Circle.
Dostoyevsky used to work as a ………………………
The writer travelled around ……………………………… Europe.
He became ………………………….. one of the most famous Russian writers.
The writer was said to have a ………………………… character.
- The years Dostoyevsky spent in Siberian imprisonment were beneficial to his development as a father.
- Dostoyevsky used his new tragic vision in his later work.
- Dostoevsky spent little more than two weeks in Kuznetsk.
- On February 6, 1857, Fyodor Mikhailovich Dostoevsky and Maria Dmitrievna Isaeva were married in Saint Petersburg.
- By marrying Maria, Dostoevsky had also taken on the responsibility of her ten year-old son.
- Dostoevsky had decided his own fate in Kuznetsk.
- All his hopes for their future life together were not connected with Kuznetsk itself.
- Dostoyevsky’s death
- The Museum
- What did it mean?
- New edge of the talent
- Short time, long story
- The Museum's exhibitions
Dostoyevsky’s gifs was ……
Kuznetsk was the only place where the writer gained ……………
Kuznetsk was an …. city.
………, the writer’s life became better.
The Museum in Novokuznetsk is an
The Museum has different…..
Writers of Siberia. Text 2
Grishkovetz lives in Kaliningrad and tours a lot with his theatre productions which have become classical within just a few years. He tours both in Russia and in Europe where he has turned into a welcome guest at many prestigious festivals. When taking the stage Yevgeni Grishkovetz always thanks the audience: “Thank you for having bought the tickets. You pay the money I live on”.
A. Yevgeni Grishkovetz is very ……………………..
B. He is a popular writer, ………………, stage director, and actor.
C. Grishkovetz founded the ………………………theatre “Lozha”.
D. He is a welcome guest at many ………………………………festivals.
E. It is quite ………………………….. why Grishkovetz as a story teller is so minimal and primitive in style.
we start a new topic!!!
- Female writers of Siberia
- Tragic pages of history
- What’s ahead?
- Growing the next generation
- The inspiring land
- The imprisoned talent
here's a story for our future class "A virtual library"
b)виртуальная книжная полка
- A virtual library is … .
- It can also refer to … .
- It includes … .
- It is able to … .
- This term also can be used to … .
- Some institutions can provide … .
- A virtual library is often tied to … .
- Mobile devices offer the ability to … .
- It saves and/or reduces the physical space taken up by library materials.
- The library materials are available at the user's desktop, regardless of where the user is physically located.
- It allows for the inclusion of materials only available on the Internet or in digital format.
- It provides the user with the capability to download and manipulate text.
- It eliminates the problem of a book being missing or off the shelf.
- It is less labor intensive.
- Every product has its own distinct user interface.
- Users need to remember different passwords for different products.
- The scope of coverage and available archives is often limited.
- There are often difficulties with downloading or printing.
- Often there is no cost savings, especially when both the virtual and print products are maintained.
- Everything is NOT available in digital format.
- The virtual library relies on power and computer networks in order to be available for use.
- Users can't spread everything out in front of them and use it all at once.
- Users are most comfortable using books.
Here's a new story to read and comprehend---LIBRARIES
- What is a library?
- Kemerovo Libraries
There are 30 municipal and 3 1(REGIONAL) libraries in Kemerovo. More than 1million 2(…) of Kemerovo and Kemerovo Region visit these libraries every year. They have a great number of books, newspapers, magazines, audio and video materials and electronic editions to suit 3 (…) tastes, which contain various information on 4 (…) every subject.
The 5 (…) and the 6 (…) libraries in Kemerovo are the Kemerovo Regional Scientific Library named after Fedorov V.D., the Kemerovo Regional Scientific Medical Library, the Kemerovo Regional Library for 7 (…) and the Youth and the 8 (…) Library named after Gogol I.V. Kemerovo State University is famous for its Research Library (the Kemerovo State University Research Library).
there are some photos of the city and a model how to describe them. just follow it.
and here's a sample to help in describing pictures
here is the story to assist your monologue about the place/ the city You live in. make useof it!
Kemerovo is an administrative of Kemerovo region, located in the southwestern Siberia on the banks of the river Tom in the middle flow thereof. The population of the city is about 525.000 inhabitants. Kemerovo is a business and industrial city. The main mineral is coal. The presence of the raw material in the form of coalfields contributed to the creation of powerful energy and chemical complex. The area of the city in current boundaries is 279 square km. Kemerovo is the heart of Kuzbass. It is supposed to be an administrative centre. Hence, financial, industrial, political and cultural centre is concentrated herein. Today the city is on the rise. The new blocks of flats, business centres and shopping centres are being built in the city. Industry is developing. Business life is in full swing. All these facts are characteristics of the development of the whole region. It is very profitable to invest money in Kemerovo. The city is changing day by day. 15 years ago Kemerovo was known as a polluted city with a very bad ecological situation. Today many people consider Kemerovo to be one of the cleanest and the neatest cities of Russia. Shining shop windows at the night, the lights of neon sights are lit in the thoroughfare. The city really look like the capital. At the same time Kemerovo doesn’t lose a particular cosiness particular to provincial towns. The city is rather compact.
Every tenth inhabitant of the city studies at the institute of higher education. There are 9 institutes of higher education and 52 000 students in Kemerovo.
Kemerovo is not only administrative but also a cultural centre of Kuzbass. There are 4 big theatres in the city putting on performances as in traditional as in new dramatic solutions. The shows are often sold out.
Every city is first of all in its inhabitants. The city inhabitants love their native city. Today it has become not only the expression of patriotic feelings but also fashionable. Kemerovites inherit the traditional Siberian hospitality/ the guests from all over the world are expected to make sure of it.
September, 21st Country study-8th form
September, 11 Краеведение 8 класс
dear 8th formers,
Kemerovo is the capital of Kuzbass,
its most important (1) _____, industrial, 1. RESIDENT
cultural and educational centre. Kemerovo
is a young city. It was founded about 100 years
ago on the banks of the river Tom. The little
village Shcheglovka by name has changed beyond the (2) ____ RECOGNIZE _ .
Today Kemerovo is a (3) _____, modern city 3. BEAUTY
with a (4) ________ of 500 thousand 4. POPULATE
residents. You can see many old and
modern buildings, wide and straight streets,
big and small squares, green parks.
Kemerovo is one of the largest(5) ____ 5. INDUSTRY
centers of Siberia. Kemerovo is (6) ___ 6. FAME
for its coal mines, chemical and machine-
building plants, factories.
The (7) _____branch of industry is chemical. 7. LEAD
Kemerovo is also a town of students.
There are a number of higher (8) ___ 8. EDUCATION
institutions in it.
And now look at the keys:
1. RESIDENTIAL - жилой
2. RECOGNITION - узнаваемость
7. LEADING -ведущий